Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Oh the places you'll go!

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..." -Dr. Suess

I never thought I'd be a mom. Well, ha ha, I never thought I would want to be a mom. Then this tiny pipsqueak came into my life. I tried to explain to my husband how to care for Cameron, our second boy, and the only thing I could come up with was, "It just happens!". The pure natural mom instinct kicked in. I remember the NICU doctor asking me if I could take care of him.

I turned to the man and said, "Do I have a choice?"

Evan spent his first year growing. I mean GROWING! I think he was determined to not be called a Preemie. I personally have not used that term. He has no ill effects of showing early. I consider us very lucky in that fact, things could have gone south very quickly.

At a young age Evan, like many or all boys, became obsessed with things with wheels. He was completely lucky that his Bapa or Bop had that covered. My dad had acreage in Tennessee, 4 wheelers, tractors and belonged to a rock crawling club. As soon as he could hold his head up he was in the Jeep riding through homemade trails in the pasture. As soon as he had enough core strength he was riding on a John Deere tractor during hay season. It was a little boys dream. He has become a psuedo member of RCRC and rides most Jeep rides in his awesome go cart seat.

Since he was born the boy was always going places. It just had to have wheels and a motor!!

No comments:

Post a Comment