Sunday, August 12, 2012

Countdown to kindergarten ..

Just short of 5 and a half years to the day, my 2nd true love will enter the unknown. He will walk into a place where the world will be in his hands. He will have everything he needs to climb to the top of any "mountain" he desires.
I will have the normal anxieties as any momma but the biggest thing to remember is this is fun, awesome and exciting.

So, for the next week leading up to the "First day story" I'm going to blog some Evan stories. I hope you enjoy!

On February 21, 2007 due to deathly high blood pressure, Evan Michael was brought into my world. Weighing 4 pounds and 13 ounces and 18 inches long, he was 5 weeks premature. My little boy, who I finally held 24 hours after birth, was perfect. Tiny, but perfect. After 9 days in the NICU he was allowed home. I hugged and held and loved this little boy so fiercely that nothing else mattered.
But something else did matter. Not known to a young man living in Auburn, Alabama, did he know that he was going to become a hero, become the secret keeper, become the warm chest on a cold day and become whole.
Evan Michael brought a whole new world to his birth. He brought love and life and a complete total love me and my family, and in due time, with a whole other family that he now belongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment